Monday 7 May 2012

Britain's Got Talent

So that little prima dona Pudsey has reached the finals of BGT!

Okay, okay... he's cute, he's talented, he's smart.  But I ask you: what's he got that I haven't got?

You can't answer that, can you?

Apart from the fact he's just slightly cuter, just a smidgeon more talented and a tiny little bit smarter.

Anyway, I was watching the box last night and having a right laugh at the furry eejit when I suddenly thought that the Queen, God bless her, would probably really love to see Pudsey in her show.  Then I thought that perhaps the Queen has downloaded the Britain's Got Talent i-phone app and has been voting away.

If that's the case, do you think her vote has a weighting... 'Oh, the Queen's voted, so that's an extra thousand points'?

No?

You're probably right.

Anyway, this got me thinking about social media and what a powerful weapon it actually is.

Me human, Richard, has been poking around the social media sites recently, putting out tweets, blogs and Facebook messages... just one a day... and people are picking up on it straight away.

Which is amazing, really.  After all, it's Richard so he doesn't talk about dogs much and who's gonna wanna talk about that?

This recent focus on social media came about when his account was attacked by a rogue app: (like I know what that means) it seemed to his followers as though he'd sent out messages that said things like:

'People are saying bad things about you'

and

'I laughed my head off at this picture of you'

Needless to say he didn't send these things, but people obviously read them because a whole load of people got in touch.  So, social media does reach people, it's just that you've got to say interesting things to get their attention.

It doesn't always work, but you just might hit on the subject that everyone has an opinion about.

I think I'm going to have to switch my allegiance from Jonathan and Charlotte to Pudsey, but only because I think he might win and I don't want anyone to accuse me of having sour grapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment