Wednesday 27 November 2013

Latest economic Indicator: Dog Grooming

It's fair to say that I have a little trouble wiv me fur... mostly at both ends but sometimes in the middle, too!

Let me explain:

Me fur is gorgeous.  It's wavy, soft and I love me dreadlocks.  Although, I have to say I caught Richard raising his eyebrows at one of me admirers last week when they asked Renee how long it took her to braid me hair int he mornings.

In fact, as a dog, I'm so utterly perfect that me humans need do nothing to me, beyond a little trim up every so often.

Even when I take me humans for a walk through the muddier areas of Edinburgh there's no issue.  We get home and I have a little nap.  The muck dries whilst I'm asleep and when I get up it all drops off me.  There's usually a Barney shape left on the floor, marked out in grit, Renee gets the vacuum out and it's gone.

Simples.

Someone else may have used that line already.

Anyway... me fur was getting a bit long and I've had to have a couple of trim ups (as previously reported) because me fur flops in me eyes and causes issues around me nether regions... usually in the form of clinkers.

But, fans, I'm delighted to report that I'm all ship shape and Bristol fashion at the moment with no fur related issues to report.

Me recent trips to the dog grooming parlour have got me thinking, too.  You see, I saw a whopping great brand new van this morning that said 'Mobile Dog Grooming Studio' on it.  Then I saw another one (also brand new) and then someone came into the shop to set up a new canine cuttery business and so it goes on.

I'm certain there are more people setting up Pooch parlours than ever before (probably all hoping to have a shot at me).  Then by the powers of doggy deduction I've worked out that other businesses must be starting up as well and therefore the economy is on its way up.

Forget Mark Carney (Governor, Bank of England), just come to me, Barney Doodle (Governor, Bank of Dogs) and I'll tell you what's what.

In other news the new shop is progressing nicely and we'll probably be moving about the 12th December.

No pressure then.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Renee!


    My name is Tammy. I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog. I just wasn't sure how else to reach you. I sincerely apologize if this comes across as spam, that is not the intent. With Christmas just around the corner, I thought you might be interested in our latest infographic "Are You A Doggie for Christmas Kind of Mom?". You can view it at Flickr.com: http://www.flickr.com/photos/106131018@N08/11241972855/ (Preview) . FYI (in case you're not familiar) Flickr.com is owned by Yahoo!. It's a very safe site and won't hurt your computer. To download the infographic right click on it and Flickr will show you some options.

    If you like this infographic and want to share it with your readers, please feel free to do so. The only thing that we ask in return is that you link back to TheUncommonDog dot com in some way from your post.

    As a way of showing our appreciation to those who choose to share the infographic, I'd be happy to spread the word about the blog post by linking to it from our Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ pages. Just let me know that you posted it and send me the link.

    If you'd like to be removed from our contact list, please let me know.

    Happy Holidays!
    Tammy Sexton
    Marketing Coordinator
    Tammy at TheUncommonDog dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grooming is an important part of the socialization process for any puppy, getting him used to being picked up and interacting with you and your family.

    Toronto Dog Grooming

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me fur is gorgeous. It's wavy, soft and I love me dreadlocks. Although, I have to say I caught Richard raising his eyebrows at one of me admirers last week when they asked Renee how long it took her to braid me hair int he mornings.dog grooming

    ReplyDelete