Wednesday 27 June 2012

Holiday - day 3

Oh dear... Oh dear - oh dear dear dear... Me bum. It wasn't agony as such; just very, very sore. Last night I eventually got some sleep after me human Richard wrapped himself in a sheet and lay on the bathroom floor with me. The lino was the only surface cool enough to give me relief. So, the third day of me walking hols dawned with a decision to me made. Richard was all for walking for a third straight day, especially after the first two days were so successful. I wasn't so sure myself and contrived to look all forlorn at every opportunity. 'Just look at him,' says Renee, me other human, 'we can't make him walk all day while he's like that.' Hear, hear, thinks I, and as Renee wears the trousers and what I say, goes, we packed ourselves off to find a vet in Kelso about 20 miles away. It was pouring with rain anyway, so I couldn't really see the problem myself. Anyway, the bus driver was very nice and, even better, the floor of the bus was very cool... A blessed relief for me backside. So, in the vets I thinks to myself, 'hello Barney old lad, here's another one of those fellas who's going to have a poke around your nether regions.' And I have to admit that I got a bit agitated. Well, wouldn't you if a strange bloke was lifting your tail and rummaging around your gentleman's area? 'Razor burn,' said the young vet, who turned out to be not too bad. And promptly gave us cream and pills. So, on With the cream and down with the pill (I think we got it the right way round) and back on the jolly old bus to Melrose. We picked up the other car and all moved to Wooler, our next overnight stop. By the time we arrived at The Black Bull it was late afternoon and time for a drink in the bar. The locals were very friendly... they obviously knew each other well but included me humans in their conversations. They we're all friendly except for one bitch... er... that's a female dog. She growled at me something fierce and all because I thought I'd rub myself around her human. Jealousy is not nice in a bitch. She had the last laugh, though. 'Hup,' says her owner and blow me if she didn't jump up on a bar stool and sit at the bar, for all the world like she was about to order a Babycham. Very funny it was, too. It made me humans laugh, at least, but they're easily pleased. Drop me a line if you have any holiday stories or visit me human's website at www.taxassist.co.uk/reneemackay if you want to find out more. Next week, I'm back walking again - Wooler to Beal.

No comments:

Post a Comment