Wednesday 29 May 2013

Here to stay

Having told you, me adoring fans, about the new TaxAssist shop in Stockbridge many of you... well some of you... okay, okay one of you were kind enough to tell me how funny you found last week's blog.

I know the rest of you were thinking it but just never got round to telling me.  You really need to make more of an effort to tell me how great I am.

Was that a bit over the top?  A bit self indulgent maybe?  No?  Okay, well if you say so, that's fine.

Anyway, I thought I'd give a sit rep about the progress we've made since last week.

Errrr...

Wellllll...

The terms of the lease have been agreed, the designer is standing by and so is the builder.  All we need to do is finalise all that legal stuff and Robert's your uncle and aunt Phanella is coming for tea and cakes.

The place is in pretty good nick so a bit of banging and a lick of paint there and we should be good to go.  The planned date is to be for the first week of July.

Wonderful!

Now, there's a few things we need to do between now and then.  One of them is to remind all my fans (for fans read 'clients who come to see me in Corstorphine) that we're going nowhere.  Our new place in Stockbridge ain't 'instead of' it's 'as well as'.

Without wishing to sound like a bad speech on BAFTA day, 'you're all special to us in your own unique way... even those of you who bring in your bookkeeping smelling of fish.'

You know who you are!

And the good thing is me human renee has assembled a really crack team in Corstorphine.  Honestly, if I didn't know they were accountants I'd think they were SAS or smoehting.

Anyway, the point I'm making is this: if you want to see me to give me fur the ocassional ruffle I'm still going to be about.  If, in the less likely circumstance you want to speak to me human Renee... well that will still be fine, too.

I'll write you another update next week.

Cheers me ol' muckers.

Barney.

No comments:

Post a Comment