Wednesday 18 September 2013

Facebook

Me Human, Richard, has suddenly become very active on Facebook doing all sorts of strange things.

Let me give you a couple of examples:

He's taken pictures of everyone's shoes for his 'whose shoes?' feature, he makes the team pose for 'funny' pictures as though they were having a punch up over a can of beer for example and he makes them hold up hand written notes usually about he kind of day they're having.

It's all bonkers and the team now raise their collective eyebrows' when they hear the immortal words: 'Okay, I need to take a couple of photos!'

Seems like a lot of palaver to me... as per the subject of a previous blog all you need to do is sniff someone's wee and you find out all you need to know about them... but apparently you humans have got some kind of taboo about that.

Anyway, back to Facebook... and you can have a look at our Facebook page here: www.facebook.com/accountantsedinburgh to see what kind of muppetry is going on...

But I have to admit, though it pains me to do it, that it seems to be working.  We're getting lots of comments about the page (A guy Richard is working with in Taunton, that's Somerset, said to him 'You do a lot on Facebook, don't you?) and me other human Renee is really busy with new customers.

The thing is, though, no-one has yet said, 'I've signed up because I saw you on Facebook.'

Although I'm almost too modest to admit it, some people have said, 'I signed up because you've got a great dog!'

Almost too modest, but not quite.

So what's going on with Facebook?  Is increased numbers of new customers to do with social media, is it just because the economy is getting better or is it a whole range of factors?

Answer on a postcard, please, but not to me.  I'm a dog and not really interested!

Of course, you could always have a look at a really good Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/barneytaxassist?ref=hl

No comments:

Post a Comment