Thursday 17 October 2013

The New Shop

Well, me hearties, the shop is progressing apace...

Sort of.

I assume it's progressing apace but I don't really know 'cos it's all happening in the background at the moment.

Let me give you a couple of 'for instances'.  The lease.  I had no idea what was happening here until I gave our solicitor a call and then he told me that:

  1. He'd got the lease from 'the other side' as he put it
  2. He was going to read it that afternoon
  3. Then me humans and no doubt me too (for me keen legal brain that is) would have it explained to us
  4. Then we tell 'the other side' about any changes
  5. They argue about them and we argue back
  6. Finally we'll agree
  7. Then we can sign
Sounds like a bit of a faff to me, but I suppose it's all important stuff.

We got an email from the Planning Department to say we'd definitely have a decision by 6th December but it would probably be before!

6th December?  What?

I mean how hard can it be?  It's not as though we're knocking the shop down!  But there we are, apparently thems the rules.  Seems like a bit of a faff to me.

The architect is drawing up plans as we speak and says he's got 16 desks into the space but we're just waiting for him to send the drawings over.  Seems like a bit of a faff to me.

We've started getting quotes in for external signs and carpets... yep waiting for those, too.

We'll get builders quotes as soon as we get the architect's plans... which also have to go to 'the other side' via the lawyer before they can approve them and sign the lease...

You know what?

My head hurts and it seems like one big faff to me.

Of course it isn't and it's all necessary and, to be honest this organising lark is only going to get more complicated before getting easier...

That's why I'm glad me human Dickie Boy is doing it.  So, if you have any ideas about how to do it better, things he should be considering don't hesitate to get in touch... with him, not me!  But we're trying to get in for the first couple of weeks in December so be prepared for our launch party!

By the way, don't forget we do have a lovely office here in Corstorphine available to take over.  There's six and a half years left on the lease with a break clause in eighteen months.  Lovely location, loads of passing trade, nicely done out...  get in touch if you want to know more.

0131 202 9888 or via the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AccountantsEdinburgh

Where you'll also find the first picture of the inside of the new place!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Renee!

    My name is Tammy. I'm leaving you this comment on your blog because I could not find another way to contact you. I hope this is Ok.

    I thought you might be interested in our latest infographic "8 Tips To Keep Your Dog Safe and Stress-Free this Halloween". You can view it at Flickr.com: http://www.flickr.com/photos/106131018@N08/10406281936/. FYI (in case you're not familiar) Flickr.com is owned by Yahoo!. It's a very safe site and won't hurt your computer. To download the infographic right click on it and Flickr will show you some options.

    If you like this infographic and want to share it with your readers, please feel free to do so. The only thing that we ask in return is that you link back to TheUncommonDog dot com in some way from your post.

    As a way of showing our appreciation to those who choose to share the infographic, I'd be happy to spread the word about the blog post by linking to it from our Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ pages. Just let me know that you posted it and send me the link.

    If you'd like to be removed from our contact list, please let me know.

    Big Tail Wag!
    Tammy Sexton
    Marketing Coordinator
    Tammy at TheUncommonDog dot com

    ReplyDelete