Tuesday 8 October 2013

Shop update... yippee!

My darling fans and followers, whom I know are legion... I am delighted to tell you me humans have concluded the deal on their new shop.

Yippee!

So, just the legals to go and time to get the lawyers involved, which fills me doggy soul full of trepidation.

Anyway, back to the new shop.  As you know the old shop which has stood us in good stead for the last three and half years just isn't big enough any more.  With eight people and six desks... well, you can do the maths better than I can; I'm a dog.

Me human Richard, who gets charged for his desk by me other human Renee is usually gutted because because he he and Renee and the only team members who don't have a desk.  As Renee says: 'tuck your laptop under your arm, crack on and stop complaining, old boy.'

In fact, during the last three and a half years Richard has told every one who'll listen that his very own trouble and strife charges him for a desk.  He only does this because he's looking for a bit of sympathy and keeps doing it because he's had none to date.  Most people simply shrug their shoulders and say 'Sounds like good business to me' and that's an end of it.

Our new shop, then, is about three times bigger than the current outfit which means there's going to be plenty of room for everyone (including a desk for Richard) as well as space for extra stuff.

Renee asked the team what they wanted in the office, in an ideal world...

She was expecting outlandish requests... maybe the need for a hammock was upper most in someone's mind; for those lunchtime power naps.  Or maybe a fully stocked bar complete with optics and a pool table. Or maybe a massage table, complete with masseuse on permanent standby (that suggestion may have come from Richard).

But not a bit of it.  The team's requirements are much more down to Earth...

A good coffee machine, separate loos that can be accessed when Renee is having a meeting, a dishwasher and a desk each seem to be top of the list.

Well, I'm very pleased to tell them that I've authorised all of these things so all should be good!

To be (semi) serious for just a mo, though; the new shop is just what Renee and Richard have been looking for.  It's a perfect size, it's in great condition and, most importantly of all, it's right here in Corstorphine which means you don't have to worry:

YOU'LL GET THE PLEASURE OF MY COMPANY FOR MANY YEARS TO COME!

I ain't going anywhere.

I'll keep you posted with regular updates as to how the shop is progressing and, of course, when we'll be opening the doors.  I expect I shall be asked to perform the official ceremony, don't you?

See you soon me hearties.

No comments:

Post a Comment