Friday 3 September 2010

Obsession

I know it's hard to believe, it's not obsession with me but my obsession with someone else.

You see, I think I may have over done it a bit.

My human is pretty busy at the moment so, as well as Anliang and Richard (me othe human) she has Kerry coming into the office a couple of days a week.  Kerry is at college doin' accounts and this means she's eighteen years old, blonde and very pretty.

Now, I'm blonde and pretty, too, savvy and things seem to be goin' on with me whotsit that I've never experienced before.

The upshot is that when I see Kerry I feel the need to sit and look at her, tongue hanging out of one side of me mouth, for hours on end.

This seems to have had a bit of a negative effect on me human.  For some reason, when Kerry goes home and I need to get attention from elsewhere, she doesn't seem so happy to rub my tum, even when I present it to her to be rubbed.

I got to thinking about this for a bit, 'cos I was trying to see things from her point of view... mostly, if I'm honest, 'cos I need to keep me bread buttered on both sides.

It's a bit like a business getting all lovey dovey with one very big client... every other client gets neglected to a greeter or lesser degree.  This means that when that client goes (and they inevitably will at some point) you're left with a bunch of unhappy clients... or at least neglected clients that are more vulnerable to being nicked by your oppo.

Now, big clients are all well and good and I'm not saying either ignore them or don't given them the service they are looking for.

All I'm saying is don't ignore everyone else, either.

Otherwise you won't get your tummy rubbed.

Savvy?

No comments:

Post a Comment