Thursday 4 July 2013

Damn and Blast...

...and proably in that order.

Our nice new and soon to be shiny shop in Stockbridge has fallen through.

Yes, you heard me... fallen through.

That's a funny phrase, isn't it?  Fallen through what, I wonder?  There must be an interesting fact sitting behind that phrase like so many of our cliches.

For example, do you know where the phrase 'Back to Square One' comes from?  No?  Well, because I'm as funny, intelligent and generous as a woofer can be I'll tell you.

It comes from when football matches were first being described on the radio and the commentators didn't know how to do it.  A picture of a football pitch divided up into squares was printed in the Radio Times - and the penalty box was square 1.

So when the commentator said (here you need to put on a clipped English advert) 'And the ball has been passed back to square 1' it meant that the play was starting again... good init?

Anyway, I've digressed, as is my wont, so back to the DAMN and BLAST.

Yes, our shop in Stockbridge is no more... it has ceased to be.  It is an ex-shop.

We were taking over an existing lease from a lady and apparently, even after making an agreement with us she continued to market the lease, even behind her own agent's back.  Evidently she found someone she had to pay less of an incentive to and blew us out.

And to add insult to injury we were blown out on the same day we received planning permission for class 2 use (whatever that means)!

Anyway, you can imagine it was a frosty old day in the office that day.  There were a few less woofer biscuits coming my way, I can tell you.

It's back to the drawing board for me humans, assessing options, looking for new properties and all that.

So, me adoring fans, I have a request for you.  If you spot any commercial premises (retail is best) for lease, sale or just empty preferably in Stockbridge but also in Blackhall and Gorgie can you let me humans know?

It might just cheer them up...

You can get in touch via the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/AccountantsEdinburgh

Or search Facebook for Tax Assist West Edinburgh.

Fanks awfully!

No comments:

Post a Comment