Wednesday 10 July 2013

Playmates


I am a happy woofer.

Generally that's true but this week even more so.

You see I have some playmates staying with me.  Me human Richard has his 16 year old daughter and her friend staying.  Clearly the are here for one reason and one reason only... to look after yours truly.

Not that I need looking after, but I play this game where I pretend I do and people bring me biscuits, treats, toys and food.  It's brilliant - you should try it!

Anyway, I've got these playmates which is great.  But OMG, I can't believe it; they wanted to go into Edinburgh and visit places that I couldn't go.  I had to spend the day in the office at work... you know; looking cute and making customers feel welcome.

So, I did the only thing a sensible woofer could do under the very trying circumstances: I went on hunger strike.

Me usual plate of chicken and pasta was placed in front of me.  I took a sniff, looked up with big, soulful eyes, let me tail droop and walked away... very, very slowly.

A Dental Stick (me favourite) was offered.  I took it, then dropped it and left it on the floor untouched.

That is until me playmates turned back up at the shop after their day without me.  Then I went all joyful, ate me breakfast and wolfed down me Dental Stick.

I know what you're thinking but I don't see it as fickle... More like asserting me doggy rights to be played with and entertained constantly.

I quite often hear me other human Renee saying that if you are in business on your own it can be a pretty lonely place, especially if there are decisions that need to be made and you need some one to talk them over with.

She always says that she gets to know someone's business... not their accounts or finances, but their whole business so she can help them if they need to talk things through.

It's the very same cross I have to carry.  I mean, when you only get played with for 12 hours in a day, what do you do with the other 12?

Of course you ave to sleep for 11 of those... but the other hour is tricky and I always feel better when I can talk things through.  Do I lie down here or there?  Do I sit next to Ross in the office or Nicola?  Do I look happy or soulful?

You what I mean... it's always best to have a playmate to talk these things through with.

No comments:

Post a Comment