Wednesday 31 July 2013

Fur Coat Nae Knickers

Last week I may have inadvertently mentioned that I don't wear under-garments.

My actual words were 'Fur Coat, Nae Knickers'...

Apparently this wasn't the most appropriate thing to say and it caused a storm of protest... an email flooded in to my inbox (barney@taxassist.co.uk).

I don't necessarily think it was the phrase itself that caused the issue but my apparent lack of modesty.  Well, I just won't have that... I'm the most modest woofer you will ever come across.  My modesty knows no bounds.  In fact, it's the best modesty you'll ever see.  It's stupendous in nature and will put your modesty in the shade...

I'm just messing with you; I know what modesty is... I'm just not very good at it.

Anyway, putting my own magnificence to one side, just for a few moments I was thinking about my team in the office yesterday.  There are now 8 of them if you include me humans Renee and Richard. Of course, they're all very good at what they do, but I've just noticed that they're a very good looking team, too.

I don't mean Richard so much, but the rest of them are pleasing on the eye.  As pleasing as a anyone can be when they're not covered in fur like mine.

They're a pretty mixed bunch, too.  We have people from Edinburgh, Poland, Dunbar, the Borders and even one from Doon Sooth (that would be Richard again).  They work in teams of two: there's an accountant and bookkeeper in each team and they look after everything for their group of customers from bookkeeping to VAT to accounts to payroll and everything between.

But leaving aside what they do, their experience and how good looking they are they all have one thing in common... they're all very nice to me, giving me the occasional scratch.

Actually, they have two things in common... not only are they very nice to me, but they're all very nice to our customers, too.  Not that they'll give you a little scratch behind the ears (unless you ask them, that is) but their first thought is always about customers and what they need... then they'll think about accounts and bookkeeping and all that stuff.

Must be me human Renee's influence I suppose.  She always says that we'll never have a 'Receptionist' because it's everyone's job to make people feel welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment