Monday 26 August 2013

Bark in the Park

Well, me adoring fans, you missed it...

Not Bark in the Park particularly, although you may have missed that, too.  No, you missed me birthday.

Yes, I was the big 4... just 4... on Sunday and a very enjoyable day I had, too.

In fact, I feel both happy and proud today and not only because unlike you human blokes, I just seem to get more and more handsome, the older I get.

I must admit it's me human Renee who says that and she may be just a little biased, but I think we can all agree to the sentiment that she's so ably professing.

No, it's not my magnificence that I'm really pleased with on this occasion, it's the fact that I went to Bark in the Park and helped raise money for St Columba's Hospice... www.stcolumbashospice.org.uk

If you've never heard of St Columba's Hospice or don't know what they do please visit their website.  The work is amazing and so very improtant to people with active, progressive and far-advanced illness (and their families).

Bark in the Park is only one of many events you could get involved with throughout the year, whether as a fundraiser or an organiser...

Okay, enough of that: back to me...

Someething seems to have happened to me human, Renee.  And I can trace it back to the exact moment it happened.  She bought me a neckerchief on Sunday and immediately tied it round me neck - just to make me look like a red neck hillbilly... or as she prefers to call me, a scallywag and a scamp.

Now, I didn't think I could get any more attention than I already do, but I was wrong.  It has to be said that the majority of the attention I used to get right was female... Richard always says that I would be a great asset to him if he were a single man.

But as soon as the bandana went around me neck, suddenly I became a whole lot more attractive to the blokes... in a manly, I want to be your mate and throw a stick for you sort of way.  (As opposed to the 'I'd like to cuddle you and put a pink ribbon in your fur' kind of approach.)

Anyway, it suddenly seemed that Renee became very proud of me and couldn't stop herself from hugging me and telling everyone what a good boy I am...

But |I suppose that's only to be expected.  She is only human after all.

P.S. all of my posturing is of course 'tongue in cheek' but please do go to the St Columba's Hospice web page.  And if you can afford a pound, please donate it.  It'll be a pound well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment